The Big 21!

I woke early and sleepy eyed, the jet lag was quickly setting in, however I am sure it was in my favour as I was up and raring to go at 8am which is honestly never an occurrence when back home 

I threw on my winter thermals, my toasty shoes and grabbed my bag and headed down stairs for breakfast. The breakfast room is a large raised area, backing onto the world Famous King Cole bar, as you sit devouring your chosen delicacies you are able to look up into the painted sky, with gold embellishments and numerous beautifully delicate chandeliers 


Our waiter arrived and oh my I honestly can't begin to describe to you how fun, charming, efficient and all round great he was! he truly was a highlight of my birthday. He gave us the menu and within seconds we had all popped our heads up, truly excited about the food that was soon to arrive 



Our drinks quickly arrived then the food came rolling 

There were were so many amazing mouth watering choices on the menu, so it really was a gruelling task having to narrow it down to my chosen Birthday feast 

Due to it being such a day, I went for my all time favourite option 

Big fluffy, crunchy, soft waffles floured in icing sugar, with deliciously ripe and juicy raspberries on the top and a rich syrup on the side 


I mean who am I to stop my body from what it needs, which on this occasion was carb overload 

My mother opted for the fruit plate to begin with and then the full breakfast to follow, which for future reference the scrambled egg and sausage is honestly the best I have ever tasted, I then followed on to have a full breakfast most days after 





My sister opted for the healthier option to my chosen breakfast choice, she went for the Blueberries pancakes with a side of yogurt rather than syrup 



Lastly my father opted for the fresh Salmon with bagels, I mean how cute is the dish when it arrives, to me it was picture perfect 



As we dug in we were busy chatting about our days antics, what we wanted to do, what we wanted to eat and where we had planned to dive into if the blizzardly cold weather out side began to take its toll on us 

Once finished I ran up to my parents room to grab my much needed necessities to brave the outside weather, once in their room they surprised me with a little gift, as soon as I saw the bag I knew it was going to be a good'en 



I unwrapped it eagerly and was faced with the cutest, most beautiful bag I have ever seen, it was exactly what I had wanted, it had a pop factor so it made the perfect statement bag and not only that it was small and delicate so I was able to use it for special occasions in the evening, which was perfect! 

We had decided today we were going to just wander around for a while, pay a visit to the Grand Central Station and then head for a day of shopping 

Due to our trip being just over a week long, we were planning out exactly our itinerary for the next few days, so as not to miss a thing 

As we made our way down to Grand Central station we passed numerous iconic building, such as the Rockafella which will be my next exciting post on the way, we then saw the Empire State Building in the distance. But something caught my eye which made me instantly fall in love with New York, not only does New York boast some extraordinary tall and powerful building it also still has the unique historical buildings tucked away 





We made our way further down the roads, passing the world famous Saks Fifth Avenue, which my mother was raring to visit, we continued on until we came face to face with none other than Grand Central Station




It was just as I imagined, stood there powerful and perfect, with huge windows allowing rays of sunlight through. We made our way inside and I was instantly extremely excited as it was exactly how it had Looked in Gossip Girl. The ceiling had intricate detail, and the windows mirrored each other either end of the station. 

The two ends were raised so you could look down onto the passing crowds, whilst the original ticket booth was sat in the prime position in the centre of the station. There was a flag flying in pride whilst commuters dashed past to grab their trains at the last minute 

It truly was breathtaking, why can't England produce such a beautiful station, I wouldn't then dread visiting the crowded stations as much 




As we made our way back towards the shops I stumbled upon yet another hotel I was eager to visit due to its involvement in Gossip Girl, what can I say I am a real fan 

It was just as it had looked in the film, it stood in a U shape with the dramatic bold words 'The Palace' written over the entrance 

I just couldn't not have a photo in front of it 




The day went on with a little bit more shopping, we grabbed a bite at an excellent pizza place, then carried on doing a little more shopping, I mean its my birthday I am allowed 

I also got bought yet another unbelievable present! which I am beyond excited to show you however, I am going to include it in my birthday evening post which will be following shortly 


Honestly if you have never been to New York GO! it truly is a beautiful city which has so much heritage hidden away, around every corner you turn you never know what you are going to be faced with 

Does anyone have any excellent recommendations for me?