Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

The other day I managed to persuade James to come with me to my favourite place 

LONE PINE KOALA SANCTUARY 

AGAIN 

It is a charity based organisation, where all the money you spend at the sanctuary, either buying souvenirs, photos or lunch go towards re developing the shelters for the animals, or towards buying new equipment.

I know a lot of people find zoo's or sanctuaries cruel, but Lone Pine only has animals that they have saved from either being injured or being in danger. I had always dreamed of holding Koalas, I know it doesn't sound like a Koalas dream afternoon, but Lone Pine make sure no Koala is out to long, that they are happy, eating well and 100% healthy throughout the day

I get very VERY excited when I see koalas, its just the way they sit their all cool and laid back, just chewing on their leaves all day 

If I were to die, and had to come back an animal it would 100% be a Koala 



My skirt is from 'Karen Millen' Top and bag are from a Australian Boutique, Shoes are from 'Alexander McQueen' 



I dont know what it is about this place, But I feel like a little kid at Christmas 

I run through the gates, and get so excited that James has to tell me to calm down 

Lone Pine is not only a koala Sanctuary it also has lots of other animals

The first animals you are met with on your adventure is some crazy talking birds 




This bird was adamant to get rid of us as every time we said 'Hello' it would respond with 'Bye Bye' 

It could only say a few words, but oh my it entertained us for a while, you can never have to much 'Bye Bye and 'Hello's' now can you 

We were then met with this mental bird, that felt it was necessary to throw itself at the cage and try and eat us, which I am pretty sure if their wasn't a thin piece of mental between us and the Bird it would have had a good nibble on us 


This was my favourite bird, just because of the colour

I mean how awesome its PINK!!! 

We assumed every time it got excited it would raise its little mohawk, but it most probably meant it hated us and felt threatened OPPS



As you entwine yourself through the Lone Pine maze you are then confronted with these bad boys 

THE PLATYPUS 


This is one of James's favourite attractions at Lone Pine

You enter a dark room that only has 2 tanks lit up, with one baby Platypus and one adult one, swimming around as if their life depended on it 

As we kept on walking we stumbled across some more native Australian animals 

 Snakes 


Dingoes 


A Lazy Lizard


A Croc




And these little creatures well quite large creatures that run around by your feet 

Its safe to say when I first saw one of these out and about, I screamed and ran 


One of my biggest fears is snakes, they terrify me with their long shiny skin and slitheriness 

They just really don't float my boat

Which is why I found it totally necessary to hold one, WOW THAT WAS A BAD DECISION 

You see most people smiling and enjoying themselves when they hold snakes usually correct? 

Oh no not me, it was single handily one of the scariest moments of my life 


Once around your neck it sort of tightened and loosened, and slithered its way over you, which honestly was not my cup of tea! 

I definitely prefer the furrier and cuddlier kind of animal 


However James seemed to really enjoy it 

Which completely Amazed me! 





We then got to hold a little Croc, which I was actually quite excited about 

It was so scaly, and slimy but pretty awesome 




After handling all these not so cuddly cretins we opted to go and check some Kangaroos and Wallabies out 

So you enter this massive field that is just full of Kangaroos everywhere, you can buy a bag of ROO food for $2 

Then FEED FEED FEED 







As soon as you set foot in the enclosure you are surrounded by Kangaroos and baby Wallabies

They just hop up to you with their big feet bouncing and say 'Hey you, you want to get up all in my grill and give me that bag of ROO food yeah?'

You get so scared of their massive feet, that you give in

They hold your hand and dig in 









Unfortunately we were then faced with rain 

So we decided to warm up with a quick bite to eat, and a coffee 






Have I got something on my lips?


It started off so civilised, until I remembered that I hated coffee


We headed for the Koala enclosures which were sheltered, and caught up on some much needed Koala lectures 

MY FAVOURITE PART OF THE DAY WAS TO COME 







You can never take to many photos of Koalas 

They just sit their all day, chewing on eucalyptus with their bottoms wedged into some of the most uncomfortable positions 





I THEN GOT TO HOLD ONE AGAIN!!! 

I was so excited, I was grinning from ear to ear 

Like a kid that got that ultimate present christmas morning 

I didn't want to let go 




Unfortunately I had to let go, as other people had to hold him to 

However the thought of making a run for it did cross my mind, as it would be so totally worth it a night in Prison to spend an afternoon with this little trouble maker!! 

Finally I got to see another of my favourite animals 

THE SHETLANDS 
or Shitlands as James calls them 



I held one more bird 


Got to have a childish 5 minutes 


We then had to sadly head home 

However I will most definitely be returning to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary before I return to England 

I mean come on, who doesn't want to hold a koala for the 3rd time 

Its definitely worth a visit if your in the Brisbane Region, it offers hours of entertainment for people of all ages 

Its only $32 to enter 

And for 3 professional photos holding your choice of animal (croc, snake, koala or eagle) it was only $39 

It was definitely worth the money spent, and think with that money you have donated you are helping re home some more of your furry friends 

Or not so furry on some occasions 

Until Next Time.....